OFCMA are here to help you!
We can support you to set up as a Childminder Agency
We can help you find an Ofsted Registered Childminder Agency in your area that can help you register
We are the voice for Childminder Agencies
Ofsted Registered Childminder Agencies are in the process of working together to set up a charity called
Organisation for ChildMinder Agencies (OFCMA). The purpose of OFCMA will be to:
OFCMA will launch officially in early 2019.
- promote the provision of facilities for the daily care, recreation and education of children and to
promote good standards of childminding with childminders registered with an Ofsted Registered
- advance the education and training of childminders, early years educators and other persons and
organisations providing day care and education facilities for children who are registered with an Ofsted
Registered Childminder Agency
- conduct research into aspects of care, recreation and education of children to support member
Childminder Agencies to support their registered childminders, provide training and resources to those
childminders as well as to enable effective and contemporary methods of regulation that advances the
education for children under the age of eight.
Whether you are an existing childminder or considering starting a new career in childminding then see if there
are any Childminding Agencies in your area. You could benefit from:
- New childcare business grant of up to £300 (subject to availability)
- Full support getting registered as a childminder
- Clear and helpful support to make your childminding business even better
- Regular feedback
- 16 hours (min) training and CPD each year
- Friendly and helpful support
While ALL Ofsted Childminder Agencies must meet legislative requirements, each will offer something
unique. Some offer additional visits and support, some can also assess you for your Level 3 qualification
and others can support you to take on committed young people to train as Apprentice Early Years
Practitioners. But, one thing we have in common is that we are passionate about childminding as a profession
and we are determined to support our childminders to be the best they can be and to offer the best care and
education they can to children and young people.